The New Jersey State AFL-CIO is proud to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our brothers and sisters fighting for justice and a fair contract at Verizon.
The reasons we all stand together are clear:
- We understand that an injury to one is an injury to all.
- We believe in a decent standard of living for all working families rather than standing by as a handful of individuals get richer and richer.
- We recognize that it is unacceptable that Verizon has fired, threatened, and intimidated working people who are just trying to create a better future for themselves and their families.
- We want good jobs to stay in the United States, not be sent overseas.
- We’re standing together because we understand that good jobs build strong communities.
Corporate profits and executive compensation are at record levels while workers’ wages remain under extreme pressure. It’s not hard to see why. Verizon is earning $1.8 billion in profits every month, but rather fairly compensating workers, who make these profits possible, Verizon is demanding unreasonable cuts that undermine their livelihoods.
The New Jersey State AFL-CIO will continue to stand with our 39,000 brothers and sisters at Verizon for however long it takes to achieve a fair contract that stands up for working people.
Once again, be sure to visit http://standuptoverizon.com to learn more about the strike and how you can show your solidarity for our IBEW and CWA brothers and sisters.