Tomorrow is Election Day, and we encourage everyone to get out and vote. To find your polling location, please CLICK HERE. While there is no shortage of reasons to vote this year, here are a few compelling facts about this election:
- Our union brother Donald Norcross, from IBEW 351, is the first New Jersey State AFL-CIO labor candidate to run for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Senator Cory Booker is running for reelection to the U.S. Senate with a proven track record of bridging partisan division to put the priorities of working families first.
- Bonnie Watson Coleman, a committed champion of working families, would become the first African-American woman to be elected to Congress from New Jersey.
- First-time Congressional candidates Aimee Belgard, Roy Cho, and Janice Kovach provide the opportunity to expand working family representation in Congress.
- The reelection of U.S. Representatives Frank Pallone, Jr. (D), Bill Pascrell, Jr. (D), Donald Payne, Jr. (D), Frank LoBiondo (R), Albio Sires (D), and Chris Smith (R) would ensure continued bipartisan leadership on behalf of New Jersey’s working families.
- There are 41 labor candidates on the ballot, giving many of us the chance to vote for a fellow union brother or sister this year.
As always, elections have consequences. We as voters have the power to ensure respect and responsiveness to working family priorities at all levels of government.
Want to learn more about labor’s endorsed candidates this year? CLICK HERE for our endorsements page that contains candidate videos and informational flyers.