Top Reasons to Vote Chris Smith for Congress, District 4
- Supports Collective Bargaining. A proven friend of working people, Smith has supported the labor movement at every turn since he was first elected in 1980. He was the original sponsor of the Employee Free Choice Act and still maintains that all workers should have the right to join a union.
- Defended Public Service Workers. Smith condemned the Supreme Court’s attack on public service workers in Janus v. AFSCME Council 31. He pushed to ensure public employees have the right to organize.
- Protecting Davis-Bacon and PLAS. Smith supports the Davis-Bacon Act, which ensures fair wages on construction projects and project labor agreements that set important safety and skill standards.
- Opposed Tax Bill That Hurt New Jersey. Smith fought against anti-New Jersey tax changes, such as Trump’s federal cap on property tax deductions, which raises taxes on working families.
- Supports Public Education. Smith is a champion of students and teachers and will take on the corporate agenda to gut funding of our public schools. He will increase funding for public education so that all of our kids, not just those who can afford it, have the opportunity to go to college or learn a skilled trade.
- Repairing Roads and Bridges. Smith has a proven record of securing vital funding to improve our transportation infrastructure. He supported funding to continue the Gateway Tunnel project, which would not only improve transit across the state but also help grow our economy.
Do you like this post?