Over 20,000 faculty and staff at Rutgers University are currently in negotiations and working without contracts. They have gone at least three years without a raise while the cost of living, particularly health care costs in the state plan, have risen dramatically. Rutgers management is sitting on hundreds of millions of dollars in reserves while the hardworking faculty and staff fall behind. Now management has cancelled the bargaining sessions that were scheduled for this week.
Our goal is to call on the school administration to bargain in good faith with the faculty and staff who maintain a steadfast dedication to the education and success of university students and to the advancement of Rutgers University.
Let’s stand together in solidarity with our brothers and sisters at a rally near you on Thursday, October 23rd from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Pick from the many locations below:
- College Ave. Campus, Center of Voorhees Mall
- Cook/Douglass Campus, Douglas Center Plaza
- Downtown New Brunswick, 335 George Street (Liberty Plaza)
- Busch Campus, Outside Faculty Dining Center
- Livingston Campus, Livingston Student Dining Center Plaza
- 151 Centennial Ave. (University Behavioral Health Care)
- 671 Hoes Lane W (Robert Wood Johnson Medical School)
- Paul Robeson Center Plaza, 350 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Biomedical and Health Sciences Campus, Corner of 12th and Bergen
- Campus Center Plaza
- 1 World’s Fair Drive
Remember to wear your union colors and share any pictures you take on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #ReclaimRutgers. We thank you in advance for your continued support of our Rutgers brothers and sisters.