DOs and DON'Ts
- Be positive.
- Answer questions.
- Be persistent. Respond to a “no” with “it’s only 3 lines on a form” or “it only takes a minute.”
- Write legibly. Fill out the form for people completely, including phone number.
- Have applicant sign and date the form.
- Collect all completed forms at the worksite.
- Thank the registrant!
- Never ask “Are you Registered?” People will inevitably say “yes” because it is embarrassing to say “no” or they don’t want to take the time.
- Never antagonize. Learn to tell when “no” really means “no.”
- Don’t hand completed forms to election board. Give them all to the Worker/Voter Coordinator from your local.
- Don’t forget to have them sign and date the form.
Do you like this page?